Keep all your painting projects mess-free and fun! This 4' x 10' sheet of art material is a combination of absorbent paper and fabric-like material. Plastic backing makes it leak-proof to protect your work surface. Use it to make a giant group mural or cut 12" x 18" individual shapes for placemats or whatever your young artists create.
Here's how to make Cooperative Mural Art!
- Top-quality combination of absorbent paper and fabric-like material
- Leak-proof plastic backing protects work surfaces
- Large 4' x 10' size - perfect for even the busiest classrooms!
- Use to create giant group mural
- Cut smaller to make placemat
- Works great with spray bottles, Bingo Bottles, brushes or rollers dipped in Colorations® Liquid Watercolor
Spread this large material out on a large flat surface (works best outside!). Children can work together using spray bottles, Bingo Bottles, brushes or rollers filled or dipped in Colorations® Liquid Watercolor to create a large, colorful mural to hang and display!
Why is the Painting Mat the perfect complement to your Arts & Crafts curriculum?
- Targets NAEYC Curriculum Content Area for Cognitive Development for Creative Expression and Appreciation for the Arts
- Provides children with varied open-ended opportunities and materials to express themselves creatively through two and three-dimensional art
- Promotes development of fine motor skills - large surfaces are great for introducing painting to young artists
- Targets color recognition skills and perfect for teaching about secondary and tertiary colors
- Encourages self-expression and gives young artists the confidence to expand their creativity
- Promotes collaborative art projects, which encourages teamwork and social-emotional development